warning to list

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl3 at iadonisi.to
Mon Oct 25 13:41:33 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 09:25, Matias Féliciano wrote:
> Le lundi 25 octobre 2004 à 09:03 -0400, Paul Iadonisi a écrit :
> > 3) Learn the meaning of testing.
>
> Testing does *not* mean : testing cracked packages !
> OK ?

  You're making quite a leap, here.  I was responding to your statement
that you are, in fact, using the test releases on what you consider a
critical system.  I think you'll find copious references to explicit
warnings against this practice both on the Fedora website and from
several posts to this and other Red Hat lists.  You've chosen to ignore
those warnings.
  That said, perhaps Red Hat does need to do a better job of making sure
all packages are signed, but so far no one has come up with a workable,
*secure* way of doing that in a timely enough fashion to keep up with
the pace of testing.

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator