Very Bad Thing: system-config-network horribly broken

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Mon Oct 25 17:00:36 UTC 2004

-On Sat, 2004-10-23 at 00:25 -0400, Patrick Jordan wrote:
> I noticed some abnormalities with the earlier test3 versions, but
> since deleting all my configurations and remaking them I've had no
> problems.  The current version seems to work fine.

Which version are you running? I have system-config-network-1.3.22-1 on
FC3-T3 and it's still broken for me. I won't be able to attempt an
install of RC1 until maybe tonight or tomorrow, but RC1 includes the
same version in any case.

To recap (and to see if we're talking about the same thing): if I set
eth0 active and eth1 inactive for Work profile, then eth0 inactive and
eth1 active for Home, when I save changes and the dust settles down I
will end up with the Home devices set active in ALL profiles.

No matter which profile you change by setting different devices active,
the moment you save changes you get those very same devices active in
all profiles.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? Can someone tell me for sure that it
WORKSFORTHEM or that it's broken there as well? I'll try the fresh
install ASAP, but it's definitely broken here.

Any comments welcome. Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz at simpaticus.com>