FC3rc1 disk one small

Barry K. Nathan barryn at pobox.com
Tue Oct 26 04:48:48 UTC 2004

On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 09:10:53PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> However, to be honest about it, the http fetching is not working all
> that well.  I have now downloaded the rescue and srcs disks several
> times because they fail the md5sum testing on the first pass.
>
> Is there a way to use an ftp client, specifically gftp to fetch this
> stuff?  I can connect, but testing.fedora.redhat.com closes the
> connection in just a second or so.

You can use lftp to connect via http. (And if you're not having luck
with testing.fedora.redhat.com, try the Duke mirror. See the original
announcement for the URL.)

> It (ftp) seems to be a much more robust protocol, it can restart from
> the failure point etc, whereas any mistake in the http method
> requires a full overwrite in order to restore, at least while using
> Mozilla).

HTTP also supports resuming from wherever the connection got cut off,
and lftp can do that with HTTP.

-Barry K. Nathan <barryn at pobox.com>