FC3t3 -- udev and SCSI devices

Bill Cronk ngc4013 at cox.net
Wed Oct 27 01:22:59 UTC 2004

Harald wrote:

> http://people.redhat.com/~harald/udev.html

I greatly appreciate the response regarding the link which I have already read over.

So if I sum together all the links I have read concerning udev and hotplug... no I still don't get it.

Seems to me the goal is to have created an environment in Fedora where one could now boot a computer with a new device attached and have all system level parameters automatically setup. So in my case when I attach a second pre-built SCSI RAID box to the second SCSI port and then it goes through all the drive detection and SCSI setup, it should reach a point where udev, hotplug, and kudzu have all performed the required tasks of setting up the necessary support for the second RAID box. My second RAID box should be attached and accessible... So far it doesn't work!!

Bill