Fedora 3 Test 3: X displays rubbish on Fujitsu Siemens Scenic xB (Intel 810)

Andrew Farris fedora at andrewfarris.com
Wed Oct 27 10:29:16 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 09:06 +0200, Jörn Rink wrote:
> Hi,
> the test 2 and 3 are not able to display a correct
> desktop. Windows are displayed, but not refreshed, menues are only
> displayed, when the mousepointer gets over it.
>
> I use a stanard anaconda Pers Desk. Installation with automatic
> generated Xorg.config.
>
>  CU
>
> --
> Nine (not 9)
> Never trust a hippie

There have been several kernel bugs involving i810 graphics in the
previous months.  The release candidate posted below has a much more
recent kernel than test3, try it out and report back to bugzilla or the
list.  I hope it works for you.. but if not it would be good to report
it.

http://testing.fedora.redhat.com/tree/

Mirror at http://fedora.linux.duke.edu/FC3-rc/3/

thread discussion about this (still ongoing)
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2004-
October/msg02352.html

--
Andrew Farris (lordmorgul) <andrew at andrewfarris.com>
- CPE student, Cal Poly SLO, pgp keyid 4430F405 pgp.mit.edu