Reiserfs question

joelbryan joelbryanster at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 14:08:45 UTC 2004

What ReiserFS version Fedora Core can support for now?

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 11:02:23 -0300, Alexandre Strube
<surak at casa.surak.eti.br> wrote:
> Em Qua, 2004-10-27 às 10:40, Amitabha Roy escreveu:
> I am curious about the pros and cons of the various file systems. I
> have
always used ext3. Is there any particular reason to use reiserfs ?
What
> benefits do you get ?
> Take a look at Reiser's page. It looks like reiserfs was made for
> benchmarking.
>
> Some people says it's faster, some people say it's safer. I use it as
> default in my own distribution (debian-based), and has not a single problem
> with it, even when electricity suddenly comes down. (This cannot be said for
> ext3, as a energy interruption screwed my redhat9 ext3 raid0 server).
>
> Besides, I'm not aware of a resizing tool for reiser. It has its own
> problems and may not be good for everyone.
>
> Well, If it was that good, it would be part of fedora's default install,
> don't you think?
> --
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto
> Group
> --

Music = Apple iPod + Rhythmbox & iTunes
Browser = Mozilla Firefox & Epiphany
Desktop = Gnome, Mac OSX, Longhorn 4074
Distro = Fedora Core
Language = PHP, MySQL, Python, HTML
Graphics = Gimp 2.0, gThumb, Picasa
Editors = FrontPage 2003, vi, gedit
Codecs = FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, Apple Lossless
RSS = Thunderbird, Hello, Blogspot