Reiserfs question

Per Bjornsson perbj at stanford.edu
Wed Oct 27 16:47:11 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 07:13, Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:
> SuSE 9.1 used reiser as defaut, didn't they?

I think so, and SUSE are effectively maintaining ReiserFS 3 nowadays,
Hans Reiser isn't interested in it anymore, he just wants to push
Reiser4.

> Anyway, ill go for reiser when it becomes default for Fedora.

You can safely assume that this is "never" (given that Reiser4 is a
separate filesystem). If (huge "if"!) Reiser4 does dominate the world in
a few years that might get used, but ReiserFS 3 is pretty much just kept
alive by SUSE now, and is unlikely to see any major further development,
not the least since Hans Reiser always actively tries to bad-mouth
changes going into it, since he wants people to focus on Reiser4.

>  ext is "good enough" anyway.

And is actively developed and improved on.

/Per

--
Per Bjornsson <perbj at stanford.edu>
Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Applied Physics, Stanford University