Missing menu items after upgrade

Colin Walters walters at redhat.com
Thu Oct 28 00:21:05 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 02:02 +0200, Tino Meinen wrote:

> > > If you change NoDisplay=true to false in the
> > > /usr/share/applications/mozilla.desktop and redhat-email.desktop files
> > > they'll come back. Not sure why it was changed though.
>
> Emacs seems to be suffering from the same problem. It is missing from
> the 'programming' menu.
> setting NoDisplay=true to false in
> /usr/share/applications/gnu-emacs.desktop
> gets it back in the menu.

This is deliberate.  We want Emacs as part of the default installation
for all of us Emacs weenies, but Emacs is not a typical end user
application, so it shouldn't be in the menu. It's easy to add a launcher
yourself; personally, I just alt-f2, type in emacs, and hit return at
the start of my session.