Missing menu items after upgrade

Colin Walters walters at redhat.com
Thu Oct 28 01:24:49 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 19:14 -0600, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 08:21:05PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> >
> > This is deliberate.  We want Emacs as part of the default installation
> > for all of us Emacs weenies, but Emacs is not a typical end user
> > application,
>
> What is this mythical "typical end user"?

We have some hypothetical user profiles sitting on our intranet that
should probably move to the Fedora wiki.  They are Abby, an office
manager, and Horatio, a system administrator.

>  Ask my wife who has
> nothing to do with any computer programming.  A machine without
> emacs simply for her does not exist or maybe it some kind of toaster.
> This is a basic and indispensable tool.

Yep, and it still exists.

And besides, we're just talking about defaults.  Nothing stops you from
removing NoDisplay=true from the .desktop file.