CUPS printing (was: FC3rc2 - please test)

Tarjei Knapstad tarjei.knapstad at predichem.com
Thu Oct 28 11:40:32 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 19:04, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 12:57:46 -0400, Jeffrey D. Yuille
> <jeffy5 at optonline.net> wrote:
> > The folks at Fedora need to look into this.
>
> Is there a bug report open about your specific problem accessing cups servers?
> I have very very minor problems on my home lan accessing the cups
> server on the network, but I can connect and I can print to the
> printers managed by the cups server on the network.
> If you want other people to look into this, reference a bug report
> about the issue, so we can report back on the bug report that matters.

Also it would be helpful to see your /etc/cups/cupsd.conf on the server
side. Is this a config that was working on earlier versions of FC? (I
remember that I had to add BrowseAllow 192.168.1* in cupsd.conf to
enable the printer on the cups server to be browsed by clients)

It sounds quite strange that this should be kernel related...

Regards,
--
Tarjei