Synaptics touch pad not working to fullest on FC2 to FC3T3 upgrade

Paul Nasrat pnasrat at redhat.com
Thu Oct 28 19:01:05 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 10:37 -0600, Kim Lux (Mr.) wrote:
> My HP7280 has a Synaptics touchpad as verified in both Windows XP and
> Linux.
>

> I've read in the list of an enhanced functionality driver for this
> touchpad, ie includes working scrollbar.  The scroll bar on mine does
> not work.  Touch tapping does work and it did not in FC2.

Indeed.

> Questions:
>
> Should a second device ie "Touchpad" appear in this list ?

Not sure, I need to look at the Gnome tool to see if it is device aware.
It may be possible the preferences you have changed impact your session.
If things aren't working please bugzilla under the synaptics component.
However see below first:

> Why doesn't my touchpad have scrolling like the others are talking
> about ?

What version of rhpl and system-config-display?  Update to rawhide
versions and run system-config-display --reconfig to pickup the
touchpad.

> $/sbin/lsmod: doesn't show anything about Synaptics, mouse or touchpad.

Built-in.

Paul