"Configuring kernel parameters" stalls

Scott Fones boson245 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 15:07:24 UTC 2004

I decided to install FC3t3, booted into kde, downloaded all updates,
installed the NVIDIA driver and a few applications.  Now when I go to
boot up into either the 2.6.8 or 2.6.9 kernel, it just stalls when it
gets past the first two options to "Configuring kernel parameters".
This never made a difference before, but it fails to start the Xserver
when booting into runlevel 5 until the login screen.  I have tried
using a live cd, but can't figure out how to mount partition.  If
anyone has any ideas on either how to fix it or further
troubleshooting, they'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott