Issue in glibc in FC3T3 ?

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Fri Oct 29 15:09:53 UTC 2004

tor, 28.10.2004 kl. 17.56 skrev Kim Lux (Mr.):
> I just ran prelink manually.  cpu usage never went over 3%.  It was done
> in 2 minutes.
>
> It was not an issue that prelink was running.  I think it was an issue
> that is was running at 80% cpu resources.
*snip*

Hmm? On my computers (those who get shutdown at night), prelink usually
starts about 1-½ hour after i booted it, and it has two "phases" - a
"little CPU" phase, and the "eat as much CPU as you can get" phase.
Thanks god for multitasking. It usually last something like 5 minutes.
This is on core 2, and i think core 1 was similar.

Another überannoying cronjob, is the updatedb one. whytheh*** does
anacron have to run it?!? It also takes about 5 minutes, and it is
almost impossible to lauch programs in a resonable time when it is
running...