"Configuring kernel parameters" stalls

Matias Féliciano feliciano.matias at free.fr
Fri Oct 29 15:20:04 UTC 2004

Le vendredi 29 octobre 2004 à 11:07 -0400, Scott Fones a écrit :
> I decided to install FC3t3, booted into kde, downloaded all updates,
> installed the NVIDIA driver and a few applications.  Now when I go to
> boot up into either the 2.6.8 or 2.6.9 kernel, it just stalls when it
> gets past the first two options to "Configuring kernel parameters".
> This never made a difference before, but it fails to start the Xserver
> when booting into runlevel 5 until the login screen.  I have tried
> using a live cd, but can't figure out how to mount partition.  If
> anyone has any ideas on either how to fix it or further
> troubleshooting, they'd be greatly appreciated.

http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/udev/
        Nvidia
        Quick solution: If you do *not* need rhgb, just load the nvidia module in /etc/rc.local

        If you have udev >= 032-5, load the nvidia module:

                cp -a /dev/nvidia* /etc/udev/devices
                chown root.root /etc/udev/devices/nvidia*

        The Bugzilla for this problem is 133900.