FC3rc5

Charles R. Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Fri Oct 29 22:22:15 UTC 2004

On Sat, Oct 30, 2004 at 12:05:02AM +0200, Matias Féliciano wrote:
> My "opinion".
> Today, Fedora does not support :
> - FC(x) => FC(x+1)T(y) and FC(x)T(y) => FC(x) .

I'm pretty sure the former is supported--the goal is always to support
upgrading to what will become FC(x+1).  Of course, what do you mean by
"support"?  Anaconda doesn't outright prevent you from doing any
upgrades, so all upgrades are "supported" in that sense.

> - FCx => FC(x+1)RC(y) and FC(x)RC(y) => FC(x)
> should be supported.

"supported" how?  These are test releases.  The goal is always to have
upgrades work, especially as we get closer to a release, but there
will be bugs in test releases that cannot be solved always without a
fresh install (unless you know how to fix the issues manually
yourself).  An example of this is package version downgrades.