FC3rc5

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl3 at iadonisi.to
Fri Oct 29 23:39:37 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 19:30, Matias Féliciano wrote:

[snip]

> > Two examples from the FC2 cycle come to mind that might have caused
> > problems: evolution 1.5 and selinux.
>
> During Release Candidat ? Are you sure ?

  Were there even any 'release candidates' during FC2 testing?  I quite
honestly don't remember.  Personally, I don't think it matters, though,
as I don't recall any clear distinction being drawn between 'test' and
'release candidate'.  I'm not saying there *shouldn't* be a distinction,
I just don't remember it being explained (though, admittedly, I haven't
read *every* post ;-)).
  The way I see it is that the development and testing phase of a
release is asymptotic in nature.  We're winding down significantly
during the so-called 'release candidate' stage.  But surprises can and
do happen.  And when they do, feature freeze or not, sometimes it makes
sense to back something out of the release if it can be determined that
the lateness vs. feature removal tradeoff warrants it.

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator