lots of brokenness (was: Re: module-init-tools-3.0-2.i386.rpm)

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl3 at iadonisi.to
Thu Sep 2 14:07:02 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 08:05, Steve G wrote:
> >Seems that udev isn't starting in the right place, or something
> >related to that.  I'm getting permission errors on /dev/null (!),
> >non-existant /dev/microcode and other madness.
>
> What errors are you seeing? On the screen or the logs? SE Linux related? This is
> too vague to go looking through the code for.

  Apologies.  I'm well aware the my post was vague.  I haven't had a
chance to get the details.  But one of significance is several lines
printed of the form (not exact):

Permission denied: "/dev/null"

  I'll try to get better details to the list later today.
--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator