usb disk installations

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Fri Sep 3 01:29:36 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 09:57, Jim Cornette wrote:
> I attempted to install FC3T1 on a USB drive using expert mode. It seems
> that all the proper files installed on the disk. The disk is a laptop
> disk contained inside a usb - ATA adapter and seems to work with the
> proper modeles loaded.

You can install it.. but as far as I can tell, you won't be able to boot
into it unless you tweak the initrd

> Are there any plans to get the module needed to mount USB disks loaded
> soon enough to be able to boot from these disks.

> My grub.conf file is in the attached file.
>
> There is a lot of interest in getting this concept to work.

This concept works. I've gotten it to work. As mentioned, you need to
get the initrd to load up the usb modules and you're all set.

--
Ow Mun Heng
Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 on D600 1.4Ghz CPU kernel 2.6.8.1.Aug.29