Problem with today's "yum update"

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 19:26:33 UTC 2004

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 14:16:02 -0500, Mike Klinke <lsomike at futzin.com> wrote:
> This is just a guess to get you past the error ..... will excluding
> that package offer any help?  ( --exclude=katana* )

Depends on what needs to be helped.
There are situations when an exclude is appropriate because of a REAL
packaging error in rawhide. But please, don't suggest that as a cure,
until that is confirmed via manual checking the dependacy chain. If
Robert is hitting a corner case bug, that I'm not hitting, having him
exclude katana to get around it does not help find the reason. The
point of testing is to find the bugs and fix them, not work around
them blindly.

-jef