make yum.conf do a user ftp login for baseurl

Mike Chambers mike at netlyncs.com
Sun Sep 5 21:33:56 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-05 at 15:53 -0500, Harry Putnam wrote:

> But I see from yum output that the address worked or at least the
> address was seen correctly:
>
>    yum list updates
>   Yum Version: 2.1.3
>   COMMAND: yum list updates
>   Installroot: /
>   Reading Local RPMDB
>   Setting up Repo:  development
>   Baseurl(s) for repo: ['ftp://reader:xxxxx7@reader.local.net0/home/reader/no_bak/fedraw']
>   repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 4] IOError: [Errno ftp error] 550 Failed to change directory.
>   Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: development
>   [...]
>
> So I thought maybe it was because of the symlink
> But..
> This scheme:
>    ftp://reader:xxxxxx@reader.local.net0/mnt/pack/fedraw
>
> Gets the same ftp error.
>
>   yum list updates
>   Yum Version: 2.1.3
>   COMMAND: yum list updates
>   Installroot: /
>   Reading Local RPMDB
>   Setting up Repo:  development
>   Baseurl(s) for repo: ['ftp://reader:xxxxxx@reader.local.net0/mnt/pack/fedraw']
>   repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 4] IOError: [Errno ftp error] 550 Failed to change directory.
>   Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: development
>   failure: repodata/repomd.xml from development: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to tr
>
> I'm a little gun shy now calling this a yum problem.  Do you see
> further bumbling on my part?

Actually, I got the same errors trying to connect to Dag's and
FreshRPM's sites, and they are http URL's.  I think this is maybe the
newer 2.1 yum packages and those sites not compat with them yet or
something?

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's only funny until someone gets hurt...Then it's hilarious!"