make yum.conf do a user ftp login for baseurl

Ricardo Veguilla veguilla at hpcf.upr.edu
Sun Sep 5 21:59:02 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-05 at 16:33 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
> > Gets the same ftp error.
> >
> >   yum list updates
> >   Yum Version: 2.1.3
> >   COMMAND: yum list updates
> >   Installroot: /
> >   Reading Local RPMDB
> >   Setting up Repo:  development
> >   Baseurl(s) for repo: ['ftp://reader:xxxxxx@reader.local.net0/mnt/pack/fedraw']
> >   repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 4] IOError: [Errno ftp error] 550 Failed to change directory.
> >   Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: development
> >   failure: repodata/repomd.xml from development: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to tr
> >
> > I'm a little gun shy now calling this a yum problem.  Do you see
> > further bumbling on my part?
>
> Actually, I got the same errors trying to connect to Dag's and
> FreshRPM's sites, and they are http URL's.  I think this is maybe the
> newer 2.1 yum packages and those sites not compat with them yet or
> something?

Both Dag's and FreshRPM's support the new yum repository format. I've
been using them successfully for a few days now.

That error seems to say that yum can't find the new repo metadata, so
either its a problem with the URL, or the repository doesnt support the
new repository format...right?!?

--
Ricardo Veguilla <veguilla at hpcf.upr.edu>