FC3T2 candidate

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 7 23:14:37 UTC 2004

Alan Cox wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 05:39:13PM -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:
>
>>Probing IDE interface ide2...
>>ide2: Wait for ready failed before probe !
>

> These are just debug, they could probably go entirely

Thanks for the insight regarding the messages in the kernel startup log.
I won't be alarmed now seeing this in the log.

Regarding the tmpfs duplicate entries.

I rebooted the computer to see if the problem with two entries for tmpfs
were related to a lazy unmounting a disk or CDROM recently. The entries
were still there.

cat /proc/mounts |fgrep tmpfs
none /dev tmpfs rw 0 0
none /dev tmpfs rw 0 0
none /dev/shm tmpfs rw 0 0

I noticed this error with a cold reboot of my computer. I think this is
video related or chipset related. I don't know though. I810-tco patches
were found doing a google search.

Error message:
i8xx TCO timer: failed to reset NO_REBOOT flag, reboot disabled by hardware

Jim