Evolution Attachments - File Type Associations

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Wed Sep 8 14:49:09 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 13:17 +0200, Thomas Zehetbauer wrote:
> Where does Ximian Evolution get the information how to treat a specific
> attachment type and how do I modify this? I am getting voice messages as
> application/ogg attachments which I can only save to disk although both
> ogg123 and xmms are installed.

It uses the gnome-vfs2 package.

You should be able to see mime-type associations by rightclicking on a
saved ogg file in Nautilus, selecting Properties, and looking at the
"Open With" tab.

If there are any obviously missing applications from the list, please
report them in bugzilla.

Unfortunately there's a bug in gnome-vfs2 at the moment which means that
inline viewing of a lot of attachment types in Evolution is broken e.g.
it tries to run AbiWord for viewing v-cards.  Can't remember the bz
number offhand; a fix is on its way.

Dave