truncated cmdline

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Thu Sep 9 10:48:09 UTC 2004

My setup:
*--
Software:
Linux kernel 2.6.8-1.538 Architecture i686
Fedora Core release 2.90 (FC3 Test 1)
Hardware:
model name	: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.00GHz
cpu MHz		: 1994.464
*--

Running only partially updated, I have a problem where when using
xterm or konsole terminals in X I see the cmdline reformated as I type
by the insertion of newline.

It can happen at way to early a stage, like after only 8 char are
typed.

I remember this coming up here some time ago and I think whatever pkg
was responsible was updated.  But I don't want to run a full update
just now on this particular machine.

Wondering if anyone recognizes the problem and knows which pkg is
responsible for it?