The MySQL question.

Thomas Zehetbauer thomasz at hostmaster.org
Fri Sep 10 11:23:55 UTC 2004

Not true, see http://lists.mysql.com/announce/217

> > Not to mention that numerous other distributions already include
> > MySQL-4: Rock Linux, Slackware, Debian, Gentoo,...
>
> Red Hat is obliged to follow the law and its lawyers recommendations.

What are you trying to say? That the others are not obliged to follow
the laws or that RedHat got bad lawyers? Would you not consult another
lawyer before trusting one's opinion to pay license fees to SCO?

> However from your previous ranting about postgres I guess you've got a
> personal agenda that isn't about facts anyway

Everyone has a personal agenda that is derived from numerous facts in
the persons live. But if you read my 'rant' again you may find that I
have provided four plain facts:
- MySQL has a fine grained access control
- PostgreSQL requires regular maintenance (VACUUM)
- PostgrSQL fail to use the index for a simple 'SELECT MAX(column)'
- PostgreSQL needs a complete dump restore for at least every minor
  version upgrade

Tom
--
  T h o m a s   Z e h e t b a u e r   ( TZ251 )
  PGP encrypted mail preferred - KeyID 96FFCB89