Evolution and https

Robert Couture rpa4email at rogers.com
Fri Sep 10 19:19:03 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-09 at 07:56 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:

> Not sure if this is an Evolution problem, or gnome/system problem.  But
> when there is a link with https, it won't trigger any programs (In my
> case, firefox or mozilla).  And I don't see a program any longer that
> allows me to add an extension or prefix or whatever to let https open in
> a program.

I can confirm this behaviour.

It may be a gnome issue ... switching to the console that called startx
I see:

(evolution-1.6:21452): evolution_mail_WARNING **: gnome_url_show: There
was an error launching the default action command associated with this
location.

I just don't know what to file a bugzilla against :)

While I am on the subject, preferred applications has evolution-1.6 hard
coded and with the change to evolution-2.0, launchmail fails.  I had to
create a symlink named evolution-1.6 to get it to work.

Rob.