The MySQL question.

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Sat Sep 11 01:29:45 UTC 2004

On Friday 10 September 2004 20:00, Thomas Zehetbauer wrote:
> No, but I doubt that you can restrict a user to read-only access of
> single column.

Forgot to answer this one.  While I can't yet GRANT on  column, I CAN enforce
read-only with a trigger.  (That is, an on update trigger or insert trigger
that throws an ABORT when a write is attempted to the column being protected;
the ROLLBACK provides double enforcement).  More work, but doable.

Plus, with triggers I can do more.

But, yes, a GRANT on column would be a nice thing to add.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology