rpm md5's bad

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 14:31:52 UTC 2004

All you did was "yum update" ?

rpm -q yum
yum-2.1.3-1
yum update works for me at  Sat Sep 11 10:25:27 EDT 2004

I dont know exactly when the master server uploads its new updates
every morning, you could have happened to have tried to do the update
as the server was still upload its data and thus was in a state of
transition. Those message could have been "real" if you happened to
catch the master server while it was loading those new packages. If
thats the case its going to be hard for you or anyone else to
reproduce. can you reproduce this?

Or it could have been some sort of network congestion and a download
timeout. Is anyone else seeing this? If it were a network or server
load problem I would have expected other people to at least see this
from time to time.

-jef