SELinux holding up nautilus-cd-burner

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 11 22:59:35 UTC 2004

Charles R. Anderson wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 11, 2004 at 12:31:38AM -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:
>
>>Other burning software:
>>k3b did not work right as regular user, but did as root before
>>investigating these failures,
>

> k3b worked perfectly for me as a regular user with a fresh install of
> the FC3t2-re0908 candidate tree, targeted policy, enforcing.  I have
> not tried nautilus-cd-burner.

I did not install KDE on the fresh install. I had to get k3b from
up2date and install it that way.

The problem that I could select items to burn, up to a point. I could
not click on the start button. The button was grayed out.

I tried as root and things worked for k3b. I burned the discs and went
on my way, forgetting about the problem until investigating the
nautilus-cd-burner and cdroast problems.

Thanks for checking, my check was when rc2 was released and then the
next day, when trying to burn an iso. (boot.iso)

I'll try kde again, as user, when in the other system. This might be
related to not initially having k3b installed and trying as user before
trying as root.

Jim