Crazy question regarding refresh and X

Mike Klinke lsomike at futzin.com
Sun Sep 12 04:37:03 UTC 2004

Ha!

I spoke a little too soon it seems.  After having got the box into
the 16 bit/DRI=no mode freeze-up I rebooted into FC1 (dual boot
machine with FC3T1) and while there I copied the 24 bit xorg
configuration for the FC3T1 back to the proper xorg.conf file in
anticipation of booting back into FC3T1.  When I did, what a
surprise that was! There in all its ugly glory was the all the
terrible refresh problems you've been describing. I'm guessing that
my playing put the graphics controller into a rather unhappy state.
Thankfully re-configuring the display back to "Thousands of Colors"
reset everything on the next boot.

I'm guessing that one of the problems that you are having is that
for some reason you cannot get your box into the 16 bit/DRI=yes
mode.

Regards, Mike Klinke