NetworkManager removes IP address from eth0 (bugzilla #132348 & #132038)

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Sun Sep 12 05:18:30 UTC 2004

Hi,

Bad behavior here means mainly:

1) NM doesn't see some of your network devices (it gets its info from HAL,
so if HAL can't see your network devices, neither will NM)
2) Link checking doesn't work (you plug/unplug the cable, but nothing
happens after waiting a bit)

For (1), we need to fix HAL to make sure it can see the device

For (2), we need to fix the kernel drivers to use netif_carrier_*()
routines, but some cards don't actually support link checking and for
those, we are out of luck.

Dan