ODD NVIDIA GUI booting problem.

Jim Martin bavinic at comcast.net
Mon Sep 13 13:17:57 UTC 2004

Greatings,

I am running Fedora Core 3 T1 with Kernel 2.6.8-1.541, I have a nVidia
5200 video card, and am using NVIDIA-linux-x86-1.0-6111 drivers, I did
reinstsall the drivers for the new kernel as always, and my xorg.conf as
also been edited as needed for teh new driver.

 however ever since I updated to 2.6.8-1.541 I have been having an odd
problem booting, If I try to boot at run level 5 (GUI) it cannot find
the screens and errors out. if I run init 3, reinstall the drivers, then
run init 5 I can run and log in as always. it seems like somethings gets
lost during reboot or shut down, and I cannot figure out what.  This
error did not happen before .541

All I get from the log file is that no screens were found. Anyone else
having this problem?

Thank you.

BaVinic