[Fwd: reduce ioremap memory size for Adaptec I2O controllers]

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Wed Sep 15 14:16:41 UTC 2004

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 04:13:05AM -1000, Warren Togami wrote:
> The I2O subsystem currently map all memory from the I2O controller for
> the controller's in queue, even if it is not necessary. This is a
> problem, because on some systems the size returned from
> pci_resource_len() could be 128MB and only 1-4MB is needed.

Yeah, its an evil hack for the dpt. The only portable way I can see to
tackle this would be to map 4Mb, init the controller to the point we can
use its message queue then take every single message to find the highest
message offset and then send it a lot of NOP messages to return them

Horrible indeed