OpenOffice 1.1.2: calc crashes saving any file under FC2

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Thu Sep 16 14:03:31 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've seen this crash, its most likely related to the patch I put in a
bit ago to use -Os for optimization flags rather than -O1.  It seems
that OOo is _not_ happy with optimizations other than -O1.

For example:
1) Crash on save files
2) Crash when copying a spreadsheet cell
3) Spreadsheet cells showing all 0's when they should show data

I hate to blame GCC for this, but most of the optimization bugs we've
encountered so far with OOo have been GCC's fault, not bad code in OOo.
That's the penalty for using complicated C++ code with GCC I guess.

Dan