FC3 test1 install failure

Chuck Adams k7qo at commspeed.net
Fri Sep 17 16:06:29 UTC 2004

I have downloaded from

ftp://mirror.stanford.edu/

all the FC3-test1 .iso files for x86_64 and the md5sum's
check correctly.

I have a Micro-Star International (MSI) K8N Neo motherboard
with NVIDIA nForce 3 Chipset and AMD Athlon 64 with
1GB of memory.  Using either the PNY Technologies Verto
G-Force FX video board or Kaser S315E-32a AGP board
I get the same effect.

When I startup the install with either  disc1 or the DVD disc
I get a startup screen that is black with a light to medium
blue mottled effect.  This with a 17" 1280x1024 Sharp TFT
display.

The system is running FC2 2.6.2-1.521 at the present time
and memory diagnostics show no problems, so I know it is
not the hardware.

Any help appreciated.

Chuck Adams, K7QO     CP-60 WPM
k7qo at commspeed.net
http://www.qsl.net/k7qo                 Ham Radio Stuff
http://www.commspeed.net/k7qo    Physics Stuff

Moving to Arizona?   Bring your own water, please.