FC3-re0908.0-i386-disc1-ftp.iso - USB keyboard

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Sun Sep 19 19:09:05 UTC 2004

After Linux has booted my USB keyboard is not recognised.  The keyboard itself
works fine (it worked on FC1 on the same machine).  The BIOS recognises the
keyboard (I can use all BIOS options with it and it is recognised at the
boot: prompt).  But when I get to the first stage of the install that
involves Linux receiving keyboard input (the "CD Found" screen) the USB
keyboard is not recognised and I have to install a PS/2 keyboard to get it to
work.

It seems that either the USB or the HID driver is not loaded as the caps-lock
key does not cause the caps-lock LED to light up.