runas-patent vs sudo

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Mon Sep 20 17:45:25 UTC 2004

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 10:43:46AM -0500, Gregory G Carter wrote:
> As long as you do not submit to American patent laws, (and we don't park
> an air craft carrier out side your country to convince you otherwise...)
> you should not have any problem of undermining American business
> interests world wide.

Its already standard procedure

Patent in US owend by British Virgin Islands company
License for design and build in suitable country (eg China)
They ship to the USA through front men who have and make no assets
Any lawsuit (even health & safety) they fold

All the money and a credible distance exists betwen the money and the US law.

Its one reason all the sofware jobs are going - US programmers are not just
expensive they are a risk.