FC3T2 -feature list

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 20 23:46:46 UTC 2004

Markus Nicolussi wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I want to know what is inside FC3T2 before installing it blindly. Where can
> i find some sort of feature list for Test2? On http://fedora.redhat.com i
> get stuck.
>
> ciao, nico.

Related to X, the 815 Graphics controller and the radeon 7200 Graphics
controller are less than ideal.

Nifty new features for me. I like the desktop icons for drives
connected, but not mounted on your system. This allows for simpler disc
access and you do not have to add the drives to your fstab file and
designate mount points.

The speed over FC2 is noticable to me, referencing a very recent
upgraded system from FC2.

Searching bugzilla for other submitted problems might give you a general
idea regarding the hardware that you plan to use for the test installation.

Refresh problems related to X when not using DRI is my major
distraction. The other noticed problem is when trying to boot an earlier
version when having an FC3T2 volume mounted in the older installation
will drop you to the maint. shell. This problem relates to even as
recent as FC3T1, the utilities for filechecking are too new for your
earlier system to filesystem check.

This reference is from FC3T2 release candidate 2. I am still DLing the
actual FC3T2 discs via ftp.

Jim