FC3T2 and XComposite

Alexander Volovics awol at home.nl
Thu Sep 23 18:41:01 UTC 2004

On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 06:10:36PM +0200, Lars wrote:

> > Anybody tried out the xcomposite extensions under xorg-x11-6.8.1 yet?

> im running it with the xcompmgr and it's working great with nvidia
> hw acceleration.

Thanks for the comprehensive reply. I was already planning on downloading
xcompmgr. But you are using the rendering facilities of the nvidia driver
too I see.

Do you know if you actually need the nvidia driver with "RenderAccel" ?
Will it not work with the xorg-x11 'nv' driver? Do you need the fast
hardware rendering for the effects?

Alexander