Installing FC3test2 into VMWare

Mark Haney mhaney at interactsys.com
Fri Sep 24 12:42:16 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 08:36, Mark Derricutt wrote:
> I've just tried for the second time to install my freshly downloaded
> FC3test2 burns into VMWare, but Anaconda always complains theres not
> enough diskspace to install, has anyone installed FC3 into VMWare
> successfully?

The only problems I've seen are relating to T2's default to LVM in the
install process.  If you manually set partitions to ext3 (or xfs) you
should be okay.

I'm still testing the manual partition install and did a bugzilla on the
kernel panic when using LVM in VMWare.

Mark Haney
Network Administrator
InterAct Public Safety Systems
mhaney at interactsys.com
Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) Kernel: 2.6.8-1.521 GNU/Linux
08:40:53 up 50 min, 2 users, load average: 1.28, 1.25, 1.24