Reiser4

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Fri Sep 24 15:00:42 UTC 2004

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 11:04, Tracy R Reed <treed at ultraviolet.org> wrote:
> I really look forward to being able to user reiser4 with FC. It would make
> sense for FC to prefer reiser4 over reiser3 because SE Linux will work on
> reiser4 due to its support of xattrs.

I'll believe that when I see it.

There is Reiser3 XATTR code and SE Linux hooks, but they don't work.

Also Reiser4 apparently (according to the LWN articles referenced before)
needs a new system call.  LSM and SE Linux used to have a system call, the
main kernel coders didn't like it and it was re-written to not use a system
call.

Don't expect Reiser4 with an extra system-call to get into the kernel any time
soon.  It won't be in Fedora as long as it's not in kernel.org.