FC3-test2-x86_64-DVD.iso image too big to burn to DVD?

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Fri Sep 24 23:43:43 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 10:46, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 10:36:51AM -0700, Jeff Johnson wrote:
> > matches what is listed. I have tried several different makes of 4.7GB
> > media and burn packages (xcdroast, cdrecord-prodvd, Nero/Windows) and
> > every one claims the image is too big to burn to DVD. Could the DVD
> > image posted for download be actually too large to be written to media?
>
> Yes, you apparently need something that can overburn a little. Or I ended up
> using PXE and NFS installing the image 8)

Actually you need something that will burn dual layer discs.

BTW, i figured out why it went so far over.

There are a number of packages that have both the i386 and x86_64
packages.  And you can't just delete all the i386 packages, because some
are i386 only.  (Like emacspeak.)

A perl script that pulls any i386 package that has a matching x86_64
package would save a lot of pain in the future.

I am testing the AMD64 version on my new HP zv5000z laptop.  AMD64 3700+
with a gig of memory and a 19200x1200 screen.  VERY sweet!

Any way to get the debug packages for FC3-test2?

--
'This message has not been made with the consent or cooperation of
the Federal Board of Regulations (F.B.R.) or the Central Enquires