unable to install new kernel linux-2.6.8.1

Andrew Farris fedora at andrewfarris.com
Sat Sep 25 08:44:03 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 00:03 -0700, Tom Taylor wrote:
> On Friday 24 September 2004 18:49, Andrew Farris wrote:
> > Rather than build your own kernel I really suggest you use Rawhide
> > RPMs.. even if you use the source RPM and recompile it to change the
> > config or enable optimizations it is better than moving to the vanilla
> > sources.  But if you really want to, maybe the comments below will help.

> Where are Rawhide kernels located?  Looking over RH/Fedora I couldn't find
> anything newer than 2.6.1-8.384.

Start here:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/

The latest kernel available (also there for i686) is under this
directory.
/i386/Fedora/RPMS/kernel-2.6.8-1.541.i586.rpm

You may prefer to use a more local mirror from this page:
http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors.html
The Redhat main server is always under heavy loads and several of these
have the development tree.

--
Andrew Farris, CPE senior (California Polytechnic State University, SLO)
fedora at andrewfarris.com :: lordmorgul on irc.freenode.net