FC3 Bug Week - HELP WANTED

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 25 12:42:20 UTC 2004

>> Is there a prioritized "most wanted list"
>
>that's the tracker bug

IMHO, that is woefully inadequate. It refers you to bug 123268, which then has a
list of bug numbers. Absolutely no idea what they are. If you are wanting free
labor, you need to make it easy for people to see what needs to be done and
volunteer to fix it. Suppose I want to work networking problems. Where do I find
those bugs? I'm not going to click on each bug to see what its about.

Are all those bugs in 123268 equal priority? I have probably 10 bugs with patches
that are already tagged for 123268. The simply aren't applied or maybe they're in
cvs but unreleased. From my point of view they are fixed, but awaiting developer
attention. How many more of 123268 is like that?

What's really needed to get people interested in helping is a web page that lists
the bug's priority, the bug number (as a hyperlink so they can get the details),
problem summary, and whether or not anyone is working it/status. The first 3
things can be pulled from bugzilla's SQL database.

>make sure you join the irc channel; I suspect there's where people will
>"claim" bugs...

This can't be done any other way? I haven't code reviewed any IRC software and am
reluctant to install or use it on my machine until I know I won't get hacked
through it.

I think Jeff's idea of a wiki page is easier. People don't have to punch IRC
through their firewalls. The coordination is the key for bugweeks.

-Steve Grubb