acpi or apm suspend _and_resume_?

Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper vR at movingparts.net
Sun Sep 26 05:36:14 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-26 at 11:32 +0800, Mazli Alias wrote:
> Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper wrote:
>
> >I pulled down a vanilla 2.6.8.1 tree and patched it with software-
> >suspend-2.0.0.105-for-2.6.8.1 in hopes that at least that would work.
> >And no luck there.  I don't know why it doesn't work, but it doesn't.
> >APM suspend DOES work with a vanilla 2.6.8.1 kernel, though.  However,
> >with the vanilla kernel, I cannot sync my Clie.  udev issues, I believe.
> >

> How do you guys sync your clie actually...i've never got it to
> work...had to install windows just for this purpose.

well, with fc2, you have to have support for usb-serial and visor built
into your kernel, and then simply modprobe visor.  after that, connect
your cradle/usb cable, etc., press the hotsync button, and then do
"PILOTPORT=/dev/ttyUSB1 pilot-xfer -l".  if all goes well, you should
see a list of databases, etc. installed on your Clie.

Now, having said that, when I do this with my self-compiled 2.6.8.1
vanilla kernel, pilot-xfer is able to connect to my clie and list
everything.  But gnome-pilot doesn't get connected--in fact, it never
sees the fact that the clie is present on /dev/ttyUSB1.  This doesn't
make sense to me because gnome-pilot has to use the pilot-link
libraries, the same way that pilot-xfer does.  Anyway, I digress....

--

 `
 ,