SATA problem.

DAVID BENTLEY david.r.bentley at btinternet.com
Sun Sep 26 23:17:50 UTC 2004

I thought I would try CORE 3 TEST 2 out on a spare HD
in a windows server machine (intel SE7505VB2 board).

The HD is configured as master on the ATA controller
with the windows disk on the SATA controller but
during boot everthing freezes at the point ANACONDA or
the KERNEL is trying to load a driver for the SATA
controller on the motherboard.

Will there be functioning support for SATA hardware in
the final release of CORE 3 or will we have to wait
for CORE 4.

NB Will there also be support for FIREWIRE hard disks
as either fixed or removable devices at some point.