Initial testing results from FC3T2

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Sun Sep 26 23:54:00 UTC 2004

Doing x86-32 testing still so far and its mostly working. I've noticed one
real nasty however. With Intel SATA on FC2 the devices appeared as /dev/hd*
while in FC3 they are scsi. Anaconda appears not to know how to handle any
rewriting of them if they are not by label and bombs out with an error that
requires a user reboot. This also appears to break other stuff as it reported
"Unable to detect the boot loader"

1152x768 is missing in the LCD size choices

The FC2 "can't find CD-ROM" bug with ICH6M PATA/SATA is also fixed.

I'd also not bothered to try Firefox until the FC3test2 CD's so that was
a most pleasant suprise. I now see what the fuss is all about. The rest
of the desktop also appears fine but I've hardly exercised it hard. The
menu marker on the Hat is nice. Some glitches - the gnome file selector
(which has been well covered before) and OpenOffice font breakage, but
not much.

Will file bugs tomorrow

Alan