printing not working.

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 27 03:56:21 UTC 2004

Charles R. Anderson wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 11:11:50PM -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:
>
>>No problem Warren. I finally have my printer recognized after a really
>>slow tour through the system-config-printer program. The main error
>>seemed to be related to pausing at 631 localhost. I believe this problem
>> is related to eth0 not getting an address initially, then I have to
>>run dhclient in order to get an inet address. If it is not chained from
>>this problem, then it finally successfully configured the printer and
>>caused my refresh problem with X when trying to do a test page.
>

> I don't know if this is related, but I noticed that a recent cups
> upgrade caused cupsd to listen on 0.0.0.0:631, instead of
> 127.0.0.1:631.  The new /etc/cups/cupsd.conf doesn't have a Listen
> 127.0.0.1 line in it.

This might be a contributing factor to this hangup. I tried to launch
s-c-p again and it seems to be polling continuously. It still seems to
be acting strangely regarding the time to start and refreshing the
screen per selection tried.

Printing works now and the program is not needed again hopefully.

Thanks for mentioning the above finding.

Jim