Anyone else have these problems [bugs?]

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 01:11:29 UTC 2004

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 17:21:29 -0700, Richard Quint <rquint at vcccd.net> wrote:
> 1)  When you create launchers on or save a file to your [Gnome] desktop
> in an application (Maple 9.5) they don't  appear until you log out and
> then log in again.

Dont need to log out... you can open up a nautilus window for the
Desktop subdirectory
under your home directory and hit refresh and the new desktop entries
magically appear.
I would file this under gamin if its not already filed.  I see this on
my fc3t2 updated to rawhide as of this morning. So whatever is going
on its still applicable.

> 2)  The settings in fstab for CDROMs and DVDROMS are no longer
> iso9660.  No problem changing them, but for a new user who tries to use
> a CD with separate Windows, Linux and Mac installation files they see
> the Mac files not the Linux files. (This happened with the installation
> disk for Maple 9.5.)

This is a hal bug/feature, so file it against hal if its not in
bugzilla already.

> 3)  There are problems with Java in Epiphany.  Although the default is
> to have Java turned on it  doesn't work and there is no indication where
> to put a plugin.

you mean where to put plugins in your home directory?

> 5)  When changed my default browser to Firefox and created a symbolic
> link to the java plugin it showed as broken.  When I tried right
> clicking on the .so file and selected make link, nothing happened.

I have sun's jre working with firefox. If you have a broken symlink
that strongly suggest to me that you aren't creating the symlink
correctly.
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/:
libjavaplugin_oji.so -> /usr/java/jre1.5.0/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so
worksforme in firefox.

rpm -q jre
jre-1.5.0-rc

-jef