Upgrading Evolution 1.4 to 2.0

Leon Stringer leon.stringer at ntlworld.com
Thu Sep 30 20:36:39 UTC 2004

Thanks for your reply. (I was out of the office yesterday so I've only
just had a chance to try it).

> Try shutting down evolution, running gconf-editor, and browsing
> to /apps/evolution.  You should see two keys "last_version" and
> "version".  Try editing them to "1.4.6" (the version she was running
> with the old data), and then restart Evolution.  It should now try to
> migrate the data from ~/evolution to ~/.evolution (it might trash any
> data you've set up in ~/.evolution since the reinstall, though)
>
> Does this fix it?

Unfortunately this doesn't fix the issue. Changing the key to 1.4.6
merely causes Evolution to say:

   Delete old data from version 1.4.6?

   The previous version of evolution stored its data in a
   different location.

   If you choose to remove this data, the entire contents
   of the "evolution" directory will be removed permanently.
   If you choose to keep this data, then you may manually
   remote the contents of "evolution" at your convenience.

Choosing any option doesn't bring her old folders back...